Pharmavize NV is a research company in Ghent, Belgium that offers Chemistry, Manufacturing and Control (CMC) services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry. Pharmavize guides a worldwide portfolio of customers through the processes of formulation, process and analytical development, preparation of regulatory dossiers and the manufacturing and labeling of early-phase clinical materials according to GMP appropriate standards.
The analytical laboratory plays a key role in the development and validation of analytical methods to characterize drugs and to perform quality control testing on incoming raw materials and on the finished clinical materials. The analytical laboratory closely interacts with the project management office which functions as the interface with the customers.
In order to support the continuous growth of our analytical activities we are looking for an
Expert Analytical Development (m/f)
- You act as a lead scientist, performing complex analytical activities, translating project goals in high-quality experimental procedures, coordinating the experimental analytical tasks and supervising and coaching the more junior analysts in the team.
- You see complex analytical problems as a challenge and an opportunity to achieve higher quality standards.
- You are the analytical expert in the project team meetings and you function as analytical problem solver in the department
- You are acquainted with the most recent evolutions in analytical chemistry.
- You are responsible for the implementation of new analytical techniques in the lab in close collaboration with the engineering department.
- You support the strategic thinking related to the expansion of the lab activities.
- You report to the Head of Laboratory
- You have a PhD with scientific orientation (Pharmaceutical Sciences, Bioscience-Engineering, Science or Chemical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Chemistry …) or equivalent by experience.
- You run development projects independently, you keep an eye on budget and timelines and you motivate the analysts of the project team.
- You have a strong interest in drug research and development and the associated analytical development.
- You have profound experience in chromatographic analytical techniques such as HPLC, UPLC, GC and spectroscopic techniques such as UV-Vis, FTIR.
- You are familiar with MS Office (knowledge of Empower is an asset)
- You have strong analytical and reporting skills (oral, written, presentations)
- You are a team player
- You show flexibility and you are open-minded and change oriented (always looking for ways to improve).
- An exciting job in a young and dynamic work environment
- Individual training and personal growth opportunities
- A competitive salary package
Please send your CV to email@example.com; attn Elke D’Hoker
Pharmavize is located in Gent (Mariakerke), Kleimoer 4.